To bring together the strengths of the NHS, universities and industry. By fostering creative relationships between these three key stakeholders, we aim to create a much more collaborative environment that supports the translation of laboratory research into real-life impact.
To reduce the barriers to collaboration, generate better targets for drug discovery, create long-term collaborative relationships, and drive innovation and entrepreneurship, in order to:
- More efficiently translate our fundamental research into benefit for patients
- Facilitate the creation of commercial value for our private partners
- Attract inward investment into the region and the UK
- Create many more high skilled health sector jobs, associated with unique opportunities for education and training
- Create more sustainable biotech companies