Short term goals:
- Deliver a Joint Working Agreement for the Partnership.
- Support development, delivery and coordination of strategic plans across the Partners.
- Create an integrated Oxford Research Office, across all OAHP partners to promote operational collaboration.
- Establish a national network of AHSCs and AHSNs to support the AAC in demand signalling and horizon scanning for innovations and transformative technologies.
Medium term goals:
- Establish new early stage clinical research facilities including cell & gene therapy operating at GMP, GLP and GCP standards
- Develop joint working and strategic planning with local authorities, residents and patient groups to coordinate new capital and infrastructure plans across the OAHP Campus.
- Develop the workforce in transformative technologies through education and training, in areas including big data, genomics, bioinformatics and advanced therapeutics.
- Create a Centre for Healthcare Implementation & Change to train the workforce in approaches to implementation and adoption of innovation in the health system supporting local, regional and national programmes.
- Extend partnerships with the Oxford AHSN, NIHR ARC, BOB ICS and the AHSN network providing academic support to evaluate innovations e.g. AAC rapid uptake products and facilitate adoption and spread.
Long term goals:
- Support development of the OAHP estate, including a new clinical-academic campus dedicated to neuroscience and mental health, combining translational research with high quality clinical care.
- Expand capacity in target discovery for new drugs, building on public-private partnerships, and development of gene/nucleic acid therapies including manufacturing capacity.
- Develop the OAHP’s campus as an international centre for multi-disciplinary and cross-sector research, attracting major pharma and medtech companies to invest in Oxford to support the development of technologies and therapeutics to address national and international priorities.
The OAHP already has a well-developed and linked Campus as shown below; the physical proximity will support the delivery of the above goals.