OAHP governance builds on strong existing strategic and operational partnerships. Experience has shown OAHP’s governance to be flexible, responsive and agile allowing decisions to be progressed quickly. Board members are key decision makers and leaders in their own organisations at Chief Executive level or equivalent. Thus, the Board will deliver its objectives and vision as integral elements of the activities and approaches of the partner organisations.
Engagement of OAHP with Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Berkshire (BOB) Integrated Care System (ICS) will ensure strong links with social and community care, the Oxford-Cambridge Knowledge ARC and other bodies, and particularly the Oxford AHSN, strengthening wider reach across the Region and the UK. OAHP’s global reach is strong and will be developed further.The Board leads the integration of OAHP’s research infrastructure, specifically the NIHR infrastructure – two BRCs, MIC, ARC, CRF, CRN, and the lead for the NIHR School for Primary Care Research, ensuring effective alignment to benefit all aspects of Partners’ work, and ensuring focus on population healthcare needs. The development of nationally leading mental health capability, through the OH BRC exemplifies the OAHP’s approach to strategic developments and decision making.
The Oxford Academic Health Partners Board is chaired by Professor Sir John Bell GBE , Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford. The members are:
- Professor Linda King, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research & Global Partnerships, Oxford Brookes University
- Mr Stuart Bell CBE, Chief Executive, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust ( end April 2020)
- Dr Nick Broughton, Chief Executive Designate, ford Health NHS Foundation Trust (from 11 May 2020)
- Dr Bruno Holthof, Chief Executive, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Gavin Screaton, Head of the Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford
- Professor Gary Ford CBE, Chief Executive Officer, Oxford Academic Health Science Centre
Professor Keith Channon, Field Marshal Alexander Professor of Cardiology, Deputy Director of Division (Research), Medical Sciences Division and Director of R & D, OUH has been appointed as the first Director of Oxford Academic Health Partners and is supported by Megan Turmezei, Programme Manager. Other team members are to be recruited.
This composition ensures a flexible and inclusive management structure to oversee the delivery of the themes and integration of high quality research, care and education.
Also in attendance are the following who hold key roles in R & D and in the Oxford AHSN.
- Professor John Geddes, Head of Psychiatry, University of Oxford and Director of R & D for Oxford Health and Director, NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre
- Professor David Evans, Associate Dean, Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University
- Professor Richard Hobbs, Director of the NIHR Oxford and TV ARC
- Professor Chris Butler, Director of the NIHR MIC
- Professor Helen McShane, Director of the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre
- Professor Paul Carding, Director of OxINMAHR, Oxford Brookes University
The organogram below shows the governance arrangements for the OAHP. The four partners have signed a Memorandum of Understanding which sets out the objectives.