The governance structure of the Oxford Academic Health Science Centre builds on existing strategic and operational bilateral partnerships between and within the Oxford AHSC’s four partners.
The Oxford AHSC Board is chaired by Professor Sir John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford. The members are:
- Professor Linda King, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research & Global Partnerships
- Mr Stuart Bell, Chief Executive, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Bruno Holthof, Chief Executive, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Gavin Screaton, Head of the Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford
This composition ensures a flexible and inclusive management structure to oversee the delivery of the themes and integration of high quality research, care and education.
Also in attendance are the following who hold key roles in R & D and in the Oxford AHSN.
- Professor John Geddes, Head of Psychiatric and Director of R & D for Oxford Health
- Professor Keith Channon, Field Marshal Alexander Professor of Cardiology, Deputy Director of Division (Research) Medical Sciences Division
- Professor Gary Ford CBE, Consultant Physician, OUH and Chief Executive of the Oxford Academic Health Science Network
key R & D partners’ research and development directors (or equivalent) and Professor Gary Ford, the Chief Executive Officer of the Oxford Academic Health Science Network (Oxford AHSN) reflecting this key relationship and Oxford AHSN’s role in the translation and dissemination of research findings, innovations and improvements in health and education.
The Board is responsible for delivering the main objectives of the Oxford AHSC, including the six themes. It is supported by Dr Glenn Wells, Chief Operating Officer of the AHCS and Megan Turmezei, Programme Manager.