Now open for applications. Applications close 6pm Friday 22 July 2022
Our Research Development Award Scheme for NHS clinical staff aims to improve the capability, capacity and support for staff who wish to develop clinical academic careers and research skills.
It provides funding for research skills training and supports participation in collaborative research projects. Funding of up to £5,000 will be awarded to individuals or teams, funded through the Oxford Academic Health Partners Charity.
Research evidence drives improvements in the quality of care provided to patients and service users and can yield solutions to some of the day-to-day challenges of delivering high-quality health and care services.
Research-active healthcare organisations tend to see better patient outcomes, report higher levels of patient experience, and have better staff recruitment and retention compared with those who are less research active. Across England, the culture and support to include allied health professionals and other frontline workers in clinical research programmes is lacking.
The Research Development Award Scheme takes steps to address this, supporting the development of a research culture that is inclusive of all professionals and patients.
The scheme is part of OAHP’s ongoing strategy of championing research literacy across the clinical and allied health disciplines, to help build and maintain the foundations for robust, interdisciplinary health and care research.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, applicants must be employed within one of the OAHP partner organisations:
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Oxford
- Oxford Brookes University
- Oxford Academic Health Science Network
While all clinical staff may apply, the scheme particularly welcomes applications from:
- Allied Health Professionals
- Early-Career staff (NHS Agenda for Change bands 5,6 and 7 or equivalent.)
What will be funded?
- Projects to develop research capability and capacity
- Master’s modules
- Doctoral studies
- Research skills training and other relevant courses
- Research projects, preferably involving more than one individual or organisation.
- The funding can be used in conjunction with other awards.
Looking for a course?
- Oxford Health BRC – Short Courses, Fellowships
- Oxford BRC – Fellowships, Leadership Training
- Oxford University Department of Continuing Education – Short Courses, Part-time Masters’ and Doctoral Training
- Oxford Brookes University – Research Degrees
How to apply
Download: Guidance and application form (.doc)
Deadline: 6pm, Friday 22 July 2022
Got a question? Contact: email@example.com