The Oxford Academic Health Science Centre is prioritising six themes where we have identified the greatest potential positive impact on the NHS generally and patients specifically.
In each theme, the partners are contributing in different ways to ensure that the trajectory between discovery and translation into routine practice is steep and rapid.
By bringing together expertise and established programmes from within the four partner organisations and beyond we expect to improve both the speed and effectiveness of these initiatives.
There are strong interdependencies between the six themes which are outlined below:
- Big data and digital health – delivering the digital medicine revolution
- Building NHS, university and industry relationships
- Modulating immune responses – modulating immune response for patient benefit
- Managing the epidemic of chronic disease
- Emerging infections
- Cognitive health – maintaining cognitive function in health and disease