To take an innovative approach to translational medicine, by integrating multidisciplinary basic science programme with clinical research and clinical care to produce ‘lab bench-to-patient-bedside’ benefits.
To build on Oxford’s proven capacity in basic and clinical science, clinical research and pathways to clinical care, and to apply a multidisciplinary approach that will enable innovations in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of immune-mediated diseases. Our aim is to move from the accepted management of these debilitating conditions to the cures that patients seek. Our approach will include:
- A state-of-the-art immune phenotyping platform to aid diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease
- Identifying, developing and testing novel therapeutic targets for treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases
- Redefining disease based on molecular pathogenesis, and using this method on clinically and genetically defined patient cohorts for stratified medicine approaches
- Harnessing the immune response to accelerate the development of novel vaccines for infectious disease and anti-tumour immunity
- Applying novel science-led interdisciplinary and multi-professional approach to foster innovations in clinical care pathways used for inflammatory diseases